MCOT Public Company Limited as a trusted organization from viewers, listeners and service users, places importance on personal data protection. The Company, therefore, announces the Policy on Personal Data Protection, applicable to radio, TV, websites, applications, social media and future services. MCOT strongly hopes that this will reflect its commitment to protecting your personal data.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to a person, which enables the identification of such person, whether directly or indirectly, but not including the information of the deceased persons in particular;
“Owner of Personal Data” means an ordinary person who owns personal data in accordance with Personal Data B.E. 2562.
“Data Controller” means a person or a juristic person having the power and duties to make decisions regarding the collection, use, or disclosure of the personal data.
“Data Processor” means a person or a juristic person who operates in relation to the collection, use, or disclosure of the personal data pursuant to the orders given by or on behalf of a data controller, whereby such person or juristic person is not the data controller.
Personal Data Collection
MCOT realizes the importance of data subject rights. As a consequence, the Company collects personal data only necessary for operations. Collection must be in line with objectives, scopes and fair and lawful approaches. MCOT will inform an owner of personal data and request consent by means that are deemed appropriate.
Objective of Personal Data Collection
Objectives of personal data collection are as follows:
- To present information, news, entertainment or any services, Such as; radio, TV, websites, applications, social media and future communication channels benefiting consumers
- To measure satisfaction of viewers, listeners, or service users, and use data to analyze and improve services to meet the needs of consumers
- To inform benefits, information, services, marketing activities and sales-promotion campaigns to consumers through communication channels such as TV, radio, post, SMS, electronic approaches or other channels specified by the Company
- To perform normal operations of the Company including legal contract signing, purchasing, recruiting, security operations, or coordinating with other parties
- To pursue objectives of Company’s operations as registered with Department of Business Development, the Ministry of Commerce, Such as; mass media communication, telecom- munication, electronic commerce operations, training institute, property business or securities trading
- To conduct transactions of products or services (by either MCOT or business partners) through MCOT’s communication channels
- To deliver products or services of MCOT or business partners according to transactions made with MCOT or business partners
Data Collected and Period of Collection
MCOT will collect personal data upon receiving consent from an owner. Data can be categorized as follows:
- Data identifying individuals, such as name-surname, ID number, passport number, tax ID number, date of birth, marital status or military status
- Contact data, such as address, telephone number or e-mails
- Individual data of minors and incompetent persons. MCOT will request consent from parents, curators, or guardians, on a case-by-case basis, prior to collecting, using or disclosing such data.
- Data regarding operations such as wage, salary and welfare payment and footage from CCTV recording entry and exit of premises for security reason
- Electronic data such as IP address, cookies or data for signing up for applications
- Financial data such as credit card, account number, any data regarding electronic payment in case that an owner of personal data makes a transaction or legal agreement with MCOT, and transactions made by subsidiaries and business partners of MCOT
- Sensitive data, Such as;
- Biological data : fingerprints, face recognition used for work record
- Sensitive data as shown in documents: gender, religion, nationality or ethnicity
- Data regarding health, treatment of disability of employees
- Data of labor union
MCOT will maintain confidentiality of personal data for a necessary period of time to pursue the set objectives or for a period of time needed to comply with laws or limitation period or for other reasons in accordance with the Company’s policies and regulations.
Exceptions for Collecting Personal Data
MCOT may collect personal data without having to request consent from owners in the following cases :
- Personal data collection in compliance with legal provisions.The Company is obliged to collect and disclose personal data to comply with the following legal provisions :
- Personal Data Collection Act B.E. 2562 and other relevant laws
- Regulations or orders from authorities such as court orders and orders from supervising governmental organizations
- MCOT will collect, use or disclose personal data arisen from legal contract signing including :
- Radio, TV, websites, application, social media and future communication channels
- Personal data collected from purchasing/procurement
- Legal contracts on business operations, investment, joint operations and debt
- Collection and disclosure of personal data for MCOT’s personnel for benefit of
employees, such as life or accident insurance buying, medical expense reimbursement, salary/ wage payment and tax payment
- MCOT will collect, use and disclose personal data for legal benefits of the Company for the following reasons :
- To improve operations, Such as; survey on satisfaction, opinions and com-plaints
- To maintain safety, Such as; footage from CCTV, visitor’s ID card presentation before entering premises
- To enable purchase and procurement process in case that Directors are appointed a proxy on behalf of the Company
- To record audio or video during activities, activities promoting marketing, training, meetings or seminars arranged by the Company
- To prevent life-threatening danger
- To maintain public interest and to exercise legal powers assigned by the government
- To prepare historical papers, archives, research and statistics
Personal Data Disclosure
MCOT may disclose your personal data to personal data processors or other parties, under Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562, as follows:
- Subsidiaries, business partners, Directors, executives, employees, agencies or consultants
- Governmental organizations, supervising agents or other agencies including officers such as police, attorney, court officials
- Agents, contractors, sub-contractors or service providers, Such as; research service providers, technology developers, auditors or law firms
- Assignees of MCOT
- Social platform providers or advertising companies to advertise the MCOT’s services
Personal Data Security Measures
Your personal data will be collected and used in pursuit of objectives. Also, MCOT appoints its personnel or outsourced contractors to carry out security measures, Such as; encryption or protective measures on data access to prevent loss of data, access, use, change or disclosure of personal data without authorization or illegal actions.
Data Subject Rights
MCOT respects your rights as data subject in compliance with Personal Data Protection Act
B.E. 2562. You can exercise the following rights :
- Rights to withdraw consent to collect, use and disclose personal data
Personal data owners have rights to withdraw a consent to collect, use or disclose their personal data. Withdrawal must follow procedures and means specified by MCOT.
- Rights to request access and to copy of personal data
Personal data owners have rights to request access and to copy of personal data under MCOT’s scope of responsibilities. MCOT may deny your request in case of law compliance, court orders or possible damages to freedom and rights of others.
- Rights to transfer personal data
In case that MCOT exports personal data to readable formats or for general use using automatic tools or equipment, as personal data owners, you have the following rights :
- To request MCOT to send or transfer such data to personal data controllers
- To request personal data transferred by MCOT to personal data controllers except that there are technical difficulties hindering MCOT to do so.
- Rights to object collection, use and disclosure of personal data
Personal data owners have rights to object collection, disclosure of personal data for direct marketing-related objective or other cases as specified by laws.
- Rights to request personal data controllers to delete and destroy personal data or make owner of personal data unidentified
Personal data owners have rights to request personal data controllers to delete and destroy personal data or make an owner of personal data unidentified. MCOT may deny the request in case of law compliance.
- Rights to suspend use of personal data
Personal data owners have rights to suspend use of your personal data as specified by
- Rights to request correction of personal data
MCOT will collect your personal data correctly. In case that you notice in-corrections or changes you have rights to request MCOT to make corrections to the data.
- Rights to file complaints
In case you notice that MCOT, as personal data controller or processor, does not comply with Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562, you can file complaints to the Committee on Personal Data Protection of Office of Personal Data Collection.
Transfer of personal data abroad
In operating business, MCOT may have to transfer your personal data abroad, Such as; a server of personal data protection may be located outside Thailand or securing personal data on Cloud system may have personal data protection standards different from Thailand.
If MCOT is to transfer personal data to countries where standards for personal data protection are lower than Thailand, the MCOT will verify if the level of standard in such countries is adequate and the transfer is legal.
Collecting Personal Data from Social Media
In case an owner of personal data subscribes to membership or services from websites and applications of MCOT, using other social media accounts, MCOT will collect personal data according to policies of such social media and MCOT.
MCOT will request consent to collect personal data from social media. You can withdraw your consent following procedures and means specified by MCOT. Such withdrawal may have an effect on the services.
Changes and Revisions in Personal Data Policy
MCOT may consider changes and revisions in Policy on Personal Data Protection in consistency with changes in laws and technologies. This is to ensure trust in all related parties towards the Company’s personal data protection in compliance with laws. MCOT will announce the changes and revisions in the Policy on the Company’s website or appropriate communication channels.
MCOT Public Company Limited
63/1 Rama IX road, Huay Kwang, Bangkok 10310 Tel : 02-201-6287
Fax : 02-245-1435
E-mail : email@example.com
MCOT’s Policy on Personal Data Protection is established in compliance with related laws and regulations. This Policy will be used as guidelines for MCOT’s employees.
Effective after the announcement date. Announced on December 7, 2020.